Saturday, August 3, 2024



DEATH # 5



MISCELLANEOUS QUOTES TO END THIS BLOG SERIES

The Buddhist say that the deepest meditation, is that on death. That it leave the biggest imprint, like the spoor of the elephant in the sand.


“Of all footprints, that of the elephant is supreme. Similarly, of all mindfulness meditation, that on death is supreme.”


“Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for me. The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality.” E. Dickenson


“The day we die the wind comes down to take away our footprints.
The wind makes dust to cover up the marks we left while walking.
For otherwise the thing would seem as if we were still living.
Therefore the wind is he who comes to blow away our footprints.”
 
Southern Bushman prayer


It is not unusual for one to linger between the worlds for a period of time after death and when called upon may respond so that the exchange can purify and strengthen the spirit of the sentient being and that of the one passing on.


“To the living, I am gone
To the sorrowful, I will never return
To the angry, I was cheated
But to the happy, I am at peace
And to the faithful, I have never left
I cannot be seen but I can be heard
So as you stand upon a shore, gazing at a beautiful sea
Remember me, Remember me
In your heart, your thoughts, your memories, of the times we loved, the times we cried, the times we fought, the times we laughed
For if you always think of me, I will never be gone.” 
Margaret Mead


If I should die and leave you here a while,
be not like others sore undone,
who keep long vigil by the silent dust.
For my sake turn again to life and smile,
nerving thy heart and trembling hand 
to do 
something to comfort other hearts than 
thine.
Complete these dear unfinished tasks of mine
and I perchance may therein comfort you.”
Turn Again to Life. Mary Lee Hall


“Death asks not what have you but who are you. Lifes questions is not what have I but what am I.” Swami Rama Tirtha


“A net is spread out for the living, everything is given on loan and all is preparation for a big celebration.” Rev Akiva


Dying, dying, the world keeps on dying but none knows how to die. No one dies in such a way that he won’t die again.” Kabir


"It is very dangerous to go into Eternity with possibilities which one has himself prevented from becoming realities.  A possibility is a hint from God.  One must follow it.”  Kierkegaard


“Death is nature’s way of saying, your table is ready.” 

Robin Williams


“Death does not extinguish the light. It puts out the lamp because the dawn has come.” Tagore


“When you were born you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live your life so at the end, your're the one who is smiling and everyone else is crying.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are or word left unsaid and deed left undone. Harriet Beecher Stowe

"I joyfully await the exit - and hope never to return." Frida Kahlo

"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." Kahlil Gibran





No comments:

Post a Comment